Tour the Rowley House

HISTORY
RESTORATION
TOUR INFORMATION

Rowley House

This elegant building on the corner of West Fourth and Walnut streets in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, was designed and built by Eber Culver for Edwin A. Rowley in 1888. The mansion at 707 West Fourth Street is prized as one of the most spectacular examples of Queen Anne Victorian architecture in the state of Pennsylvania. The building is open to the public by group appointment.

It was one of the first houses on the street to have electric lights, bells and a dumbwaiter. The home contains elaborately carved woodwork and remains in much the same state as it did originally, having only had three owners.

Local students toured the Rowley House. View these photos by following this link >>

Tour information and reservations are made by contacting the Preservation of Williamsport Foundation, Inc.

960 West Third Street
Williamsport, PA 17701
Phone: (570)323-8080 or 323-2144
E-mail: preservationwilliamsport@gmail.com


 

Copyright 2004 - 2009 Preservation Williamsport,
All rights reserved.